Friday, August 24, 2007

Laura's Silent Retreat

Laura in the Garden

Laura spent the first week of August on silent retreat at the Abbey of Gethsemani, a wonderfully peaceful monastery in KY (http://www.monks.org/). Enjoy some of her wonderful pictures with me as we all wish we could go have a week alone. Check with Laura if you are interested! (Laurakrosser@hotmail.com) It sounds like something worth looking into. The picture below shows a ladder that will take you to the 3rd floor. My question is did Laura go up that ladder to the 3rd floor?

Laura is still recovering her energy level after shingles, but feeling a little better each day. She is getting ready to give six more concerts and events during the next month (listed on her website), in addition to resuming her school-year work routine and teaching 12 piano students. So prayers for health and stamina are appreciated....that silent retreat was a great way to prepare for a busy season!

Sign at the entrance

Church balcony

Ladder to the 3rd floor

Retreat house entrance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat experience, Laura. I'm afraid if I went there I would spend most of my time in "time out." Not sure how quiet I could be, but, I'm confident I would strengthen the monks' prayer lives! Hope to hear all about your adventure soon.